Weekdays 10AM - 3PM
One of the most beloved personalities ever to appear on Pittsburgh TV and Radio is the one and only “Chilly Billy” Bill Cardille. A native of Sharon PA, Bill started his broadcast career in 1952 in Erie at WICU Channel 12. He later made Pittsburgh his home in 1957 signing on WIIC Channel 11 (now WPXI) and starred as the host for several memorable programs including “Studio Wrestling”, “Dance Party” and the ever-popular “Chiller Theater”. Bill's is one of the original hosts for the annual Jerry Lewis Muscular Dystrophy Telethon and remains so to this day. The local telecasts have raised 15.8 million dollars for this great cause.
Over the years Bill Cardille has collected several awards and honors for his volunteer work and elaborate career. They include:
* The Pennsylvania Broadcasting Hall of Fame
* National Vice President of AFTRA
* Local President of AFTRA
* AFTRA’s Hall of Fame
* Vector’s Award – Man of the Year – Public Service
* Italian Community Man of the Year – 2002
* Heart Association Ambassador of the Year
* Variety Club Man of the Year
* Radio-Television Club Man of the Year
* Enshrined in the New York Radio and Television Museum – for Chiller Theater
* American Cancer Award
* Muscular Dystrophy Association Television Chairman
* Wrestling Magazine Nation Announcer of the Year
In 2008, Bill was included as one of Pittsburgh’s 250 all-time most influential people during the City’s 250th Anniversary Celebration. These days, Bill spends most of his time on the radio here at 1320 WJAS. You can hear Chilly Billy every weekday from 10am - 3pm. He and his wife, Louise live in the North Hills and are proud parents of Lori, Marea and Bill. They have four grandchildren. Visit “Chilly Billy’s” official web site at www.chillertheatermemories.com.
The Bill Cardille Show airs Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on 1320 WJAS.
View Photos of