OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1320 WJAS – PITTSBURGH HOME & GARDEN SHOW –
MALT SHOP MEMORIES CRUISE GIVEAWAY – 2013
RULES EFFECTIVE: MARCH 1, 2013
1320 WJAS is conducting a sweepstakes called "The 1320 WJAS Malt Shop Memories Cruise Giveaway” in conjunction with its appearance at the 2013 Pittsburgh Home & Garden Show. The sweepstakes will be held from March 1 - 10, 2013.
The description of the Grand Prize is listed below.
The name of one Grand Prize winner will be announced during the week of March 11, 2013 on WJAS-AM after all entries have been collected. Chance of winning is based on the number of entries received.
To enter, individuals may visit the 2013 Pittsburgh Home & Garden Show to register by filling out entries and depositing them in contest box at the 1320 WJAS Radio display. Individuals may enter once per day per visit to the Home & Garden Show. Additionally, individuals may listen to WJAS, and then call when the Malt Shop Memories CD Box Set Giveaway is announced. The correct caller on each of the on-air contests will be qualified to receive a Malt Shop Memories CD Box Set from Time Life Music, and will be automatically entered into the Grand Prize drawing.
There is no purchase necessary.
Employees of 1320 WJAS-AM, Renda Broadcasting, Giant Eagle, Good Cents Grocery & More, its parent and affiliated companies and agencies, Time Life and any and all sponsors participating in the promotion and their immediate relatives are not eligible to enter. Once the winner has been determined qualified, the decision of 1320 WJAS-AM, will be final.
1320 WJAS-AM and any and all sponsors participating in the sweepstakes promotion are not responsible for any electronic or mechanical failure or omission, lost or unreadable entries, or any other cause that would eliminate one from participation in this sweepstakes.
All entries submitted become the property of 1320 WJAS-AM, which reserves the right to use any and all such material in any fashion present or future. Individuals entering could also automatically be registered as members 1320 WJAS Loyal Listener Club and begin receiving mail and e-mail announcing other station contests, sweepstakes, and event happenings.
The sweepstakes will be promoted on 1320 WJAS-AM Radio, on its official web site at www.1320wjas.com, on signage at the 2013 Pittsburgh Home & Garden Show, and on the WJAS-AM Facebook Page
The Grand Prize winner will receive:
One deluxe verandah cabin for two onboard the Malt Shop Memories Cruise, November 3-10, 2013, $250 in on-board credit, round trip airfare for 2 to Ft. Lauderdale, tickets for 2 to one headlining show onboard each night, admission to all other onboard concerts (all other shows are general admission), prepaid taxes and fees, all onboard meals, entrance to the ship hot spots like the casino and disco, use of ship pools and waterslides, use of ship health and fitness center, children's facilities (excluding babysitting). In addition, a $250 Good Cents Grocery + More Gift Card, and two 1320 WJAS t-shirts will be provided by the station. Prize valued at $6,850 USD.
NOT INCLUDED IN THIS PRIZE: hotel accommodations, travel insurance, income tax based on prize value, ground transportation, any expenses incurred while in port, any meet and greets with artists or other VIP events onboard (unless open to the public), VIP seating or check in, backstage or all access passes and any of the following costs on board: gambling, spa and beauty services, the purchase of alcoholic or carbonated (soda) beverages, shore excursions and babysitting services.
Contest winners must be 21 years of age or older, unless accompanied by an adult over the age of 25 in the same cabin, OR if a parent or legal guardian is in an adjacent cabin.
Cabins are non-transferable from cruise to cruise, or person to person. Cabins are not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
The Grand Prize is not transferable, and must be accepted as-is.
The Grand Prize winner will have five (5) days following the official Grand Prize winner's announcement on WJAS-AM to arrange to claim the prizes by signing a Major Contest Winners Form. The Grand Prize winner must visit WJAS Studios at 900 Parish Street - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15220 to claim the prizes and sign the form, and must have a valid, photo identification for verification. If the winner does not adhere to the rules of the contest, the prize package may be forfeited.
The Grand Prize winner is subject to any and all local, state, and federal taxes and additional conditions, which may arise by reason of the receipt, acceptance, or use of the prizes.
This sweepstakes is VOID if the Grand Prize winner resides in a jurisdiction which prohibits promotions of this kind.
1320 WJAS and any and all of the sponsors of this sweepstakes disclaim all responsibility and liability for all property loss, property damage, bodily injury and death resulting, directly or indirectly, from any contest prize. Prize winners are responsible for their own actions and agree to hold 1320 WJAS and any and all sponsors participating in this sweepstakes and their agents, harmless from any liability in connection with the prizes.
The Grand Prize winner agrees to permit 1320 WJAS and the other sponsors in this sweepstakes, the use of the Grand Prize winner's name, voice, and/or likeness on the air and in any publicity information pertaining to this sweepstakes without compensation.
Any violation of the official rules including, but not limited to falsification of identity or information supplied to 1320 WJAS and its sponsors, will constitute immediate disqualification and no prize will be awarded.
The decision of the contest officials at 1320 WJAS is final.
Questions or comments regarding the official rules and this sweepstakes may be directed to the Marketing & Promotions Department at 1320 WJAS - 900 Parish Street - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15220. A copy of the official rules will be filed in the 1320 WJAS Promotions Department. Copies of the official rules are available upon request during normal station business hours. Questions or comments may be directed to Chris Shovlin, Director of Marketing and Promotions, 1320 WJAS, 900 Parish Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15220, (412) 875-9500.
WJAS-AM-RENDA BROADCASTING CORPORATION - PITTSBURGH
GENERAL CONTEST RULES
1. No purchase necessary. Contests are void where prohibited.
2. WSHH / WJAS / WMNY, (the station) will announce when the contest or promotion begins and ends.
a. Listen to the station for details on how to participate. For contests utilizing entry forms, entries must be filled out completely. Only one name per entry is permitted. Official entry blanks must be used; photocopies are ineligible.
b. For phone-in contests: The station is not responsible for any telephone malfunctions or problems affecting a contestant's attempts to call the station within the required time.
c. For contest entries via mail: the station is not responsible for lost, stolen, mutilated, wrongly-delivered, postage due, illegible, or untimely entries.
d. For contest entries via the internet: the station is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outages or delays, computer difficulties, or other technical glitches.
4. Contests are generally open to all station listeners who are U.S. residents, 18 years of age or older and who reside in the greater Pittsburgh metropolitan area. Employees of Renda Broadcasting Corporation and its stations, employees of all other Pittsburgh market media companies including radio stations, their affiliated entities, affiliated advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, and members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win.
5. Listeners are eligible to win a station contest only once every 30 days; and a prize valued at $600 or more only once every 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted in any contest.
b. For internet contests: To enter on-line you must complete each required field on the on-line entry form.
6. Some prizes, or prize certificates, must be picked up at the offices of the station at 900 Parish Street - Green Tree - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - 15220. Any prize or prize certificate not claimed within 90 days of winning will be forfeited by the winner. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, winner will be informed that the prize will be sent. In that case, therefore, winner assumes the risk of prize arrival. The station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate. The station assumes no liability for prizes, including tickets to concerts and/or events that are cancelled or postponed by any promoter or artist. The station assumes no liability for gift certificates for products or services that are no longer available and/or being offered, (as in the case of a restaurant or merchant going out of business after the contest airs on the station). The station will not offer substitute prizes.
7. Listen to the station for details on grand prize or contest prizes and their values. All other incidental expenses associated with the grand prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prizes are non-transferable. Prizes may not be substituted for or redeemed for cash. There are no substitutions.
8. Listen to the station for information on selection of prize winners and/or grand prize winner, if applicable.
9. Payment of all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 (or the equivalent) for any prize valued at $600 or more.
10. By participating in the contest, the winner or winners (and their guest or traveling companion, if any) agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, without additional financial or other compensation, and to sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize.
11. a. Contest winners (and their guests or travel companions, if any) will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize valued at $600.00 or greater or which prize includes the provision of transportation, whether or not such transportation is provided by the station. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner(s) will agree to hold the station, Renda Broadcasting Corporation, their affiliated companies and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest.
11. b. For internet contests: the station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the station's website (wshh.com / 1320wjas.com / wmnyradio.com), or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. The station further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify any contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort.
12. The station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest, which will become effective upon announcement, including the substitution of a prize or any portion of a prize of equivalent value.
13. The station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, The offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of a prize.
14. All decisions by sweepstakes promoters are final and entrants agree to be bound by decisions made by sweepstakes promoters and station management.
15. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant's disqualification, at the sole discretion of the station.
16. Copies of the written contest rules are available during regular business hours, at WSHH/WJAS/WMNY Radio - Renda Broadcasting Corporation - 900 Parish Street - 3rd Floor - Pittsburgh, PA - 15220. Interested parties may also request a copy of the rules, in writing, utilizing a self-addressed stamped envelope (at same address).
Director of Marketing and Promotion
Renda Broadcasting Corporation
900 Parish Street - 3rd Floor
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15220
(412) 875-9500 extension 244
(412) 875-9570 FAX